This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Craft Room/Office (work in progress :)

So I have not made anything craft in the last week or so (I was going to make my son's invitations but I used Evite instead...but plan to make his party decorations over the next 2 weeks).  I did not want to not post for so long (is that a double negative?) so I figured I would take some pics of my work in progress craft room/office space.  It used to be my daugthers room so it is pink and purple (which I LOVE).  It is a bit of a mess right now because I do not have the entire room yet, half is still used by my daughter, LOL so once she is moved to her new room (we are "swapping" rooms) I can start to organize it better.  I did not want (or have) to spend money so I am reusing furniture we already have except for some cubes and wall shelves that I bought a while ago when Michaels had a 40% plus extra 10% or something like that.  If anyones has any wonderful organize tips please SHARE as I can use all of the help I can get!



This is part of the closet (the white cubes, book case and my lovely spongebob TV, LOL) and my Cricut area.  Those are on a computer desk from Ikea.  I love have the keyboard tray that pulls out because then I can work on taking items on and off the mat with the Cricut right there.
  
I am able to work from home a couple of days a week so I have my work laptop/monitor set-up and my personal computer set-up along with my printers.  You cannot see too well but under the window is some peg boards and some magnet boards for storage.



Here I have a couple of wall shelves and another peg board for adhesive and scissor storage along with some of those plastic drawers for stickers, craft supplies for the kids and party favors (I try to keep those in stock for the kids birthdays)

These are two of those cube shelves we bought at Target orginally for my boys but they do not use them so now they are MINE :)  I have a little of everything in these, office supplies, my sizzix, some zyron refills, my yourstory photo, etc. 
 Once my DD is completely out of the room I plan to use the last wall for a desk or my craft table so the kids can sit in here and craft or work on homework or whatever they want too.  Or I may get a new kitchen table (ours only seats 4 technically) and put that table in here in the middle of the room for people to sit at and work at and add a very small couch or loveseat to the last wall instead, the problem is that wall is the only full wall available for wall storage since the other two walls have windows so we will have to wait and see.  Again, any suggestions PLEASE let me know!

No comments: