This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Saturday, December 3, 2011

An Easy Hostess Gift (dressed up)

My good friend Stephannie is having her annual wine and cheese tonight and she has a different theme each year.  This year it is "Summer in December" so I wanted to make a small hostess gift that could go along with the theme.  

Here is what I came up with:






While at Target I picked up a cute little box in Christmas colors that could be filled with candy.  I picked up some yummy Lindt Lindor truffles to go in (dark chocolate and peppermint).  I wanted to decorate the box and since her theme was a summer theme I used Paper Doll Dressup to make a Summer Santa, a Palm tree and a cute sun (both Santa and the sun have a cute peachy keen face).  I just recently ordered some of the snow writer makers from http://www.markersupply.com/ because I had seen it several blogs (arrived in 2 days)!  I used it on Santa's beard and the brim of his hat.  I LOVE how it turned out.  I also did a little bit of embossing on the sand part of the palm tree to make it look more sandy!  Now I just hope I can keep from eating the candy before we get there!

PS:  I also plan to give her a snow marker inside of it because she is a crafter like me :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a crafty day.

1 comment:

Born2Beach said...

And she loved it! Thanks so much Deb.