This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Small Thank You Gift

I saw these cute little pencil "flowers" on My Creative Time yesterday and knew right away I needed to make these!  The Administrative Assistant/Secretary at my boys school is so helpful and she recently helped me out big time with scheduling their parent teacher conferences around a work meeting I have I wanted to let her know how grateful I was.  I made these three pencil flowers by cutting this border using the fit to length at 11 inches from the Art Philosophy cartridge (I think it is just like Emma did at My Creative Time but could be off a little, it still worked).  Then I scored, glued, hot glued to a scallop circle I also cut from Art Philosophy at 1.75 inches, used some twine in the buttons then hotglued them on as well.  Lastly, I put a little hot glue on the pencil and stuck it in/on the back.  I had this little box already cut (take out box that I cut the flaps off of) so I put some little clear rocks in and stuck the pencils in.  I tied some twine around, then cut this little label/tag from Art Philosophy and stamped it with Thanks a Bunch from My Creative Time's Many Sayings set.  I dropped it off today and she loved it.  I had my boys take it in but she had to come out to the car to tell me how much she loved it :)  I am sure I will be doing some more of these, Christmas ones would be adorable!  TFL.

 

1 comment:

Sherrie K. said...

I love your project:) These peceil flowers are super cute. I gotta try making them...TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com