This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Design Team Day-Cake, Cupcake and or Teddy Bear Challenge

Hello everyone.  Today is Cake, Cupcake and/or Teddy Bear Challenge Day over at Cooking with Cricut!  As you may have noticed from this post and the cute little button on the right side of my blog I am now officially a member of the Cooking with Cricut Design Team!!!!  Yeah!  I am super excited to join this group of talented crafters and even more excited to be participating in my first challenge as a design team member! 

For this weeks challenge I made a cute little take-out box adorned with the cutest little cupcake (this is for my 8 year old niece).  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge for the box and the cupcake, I then embellished the cupcake with stickles and a cute little Peachy Keen face.  I also used a happy birthday stamp from My Creative Time to stamp all over the box.  Lastly, I wrapped some twine around the box and tied two bows (because I used two different colors of twine so I did one bow for each one). 

My 3 year old helped me pick out the contents for the little box.  She picked out 3 little bears in her favorite colors of pink, purple and green :), then we added some lip gloss because what little girl doesn't love lip gloss.  In the end I decided to punch two holes, one on each side of the box, and tied a ribbon through so I could attach it to the mini pillow pet we also purchased for my niece.  I hope she loves it :)

Now it's your turn!  I hope you will head on over to Cooking with Cricut  to enter your project!  TFL.

Have a crafty day!




13 comments:

Celeste said...

your little cupcake is sooo adorable.
I am so happy to be a part of the design team with you....
Celeste
www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

Jen said...

Welcome to the CWC Design Team, Debbie! I am thrilled that you are joining our crew and can't wait to see what you "cook" up. I love your cute little take-out box and cupcake. And my 7 year old daughter shares your sentiments about the lip gloss!! LOL!

Hugs!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Mad Crafter said...

Debbie, welcome to the DT!!! I am so happy that you made the team. Your take-out box is adorable. I love the cupcake with his cute little Peachy Keen face:) TFS!!
~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

Melin said...

Oh my goodness...That is such a cute idea! I love that idea of tying it to the "pillow pet". Oh this makes me so miss my days of having little girls in my life. Now I am going to have to wait for a granddaughter! We are thrilled to have you and your sweet creative self Designing with us at CookingWithCricut.com. Many blessings to you!

Melin
Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

Charlotte said...

Debbie, I just love this little take out box. And the cupcake is so yummy looking. I do not have Art Philosophy but this is really tempting me!
Charlotte CWC DT

Linda Therrien said...

I love the take out box - there are so many things you can do with them - awesome project.

Excited to be on the design team with you.

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Cute projects - I am so in love with the Art Philosophy cartridge! Great job!! :) Excited to be on the design team with you.

Jill said...

Love the sparkles! Look forward to being on the DT with you!

Heather P said...

Hi Debbie! Love your treat box! Just followed your blog and looking forward to getting to know you better on CWC DT!
Hugs,
Heather :)

Nita T. said...

Ooh, I love how little it is, and how it attaches to the pillow pet! What a fun gift! I just Followed you and I'm looking forward to working with you on the DT! :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Adrian said...

Great job, love take out box!

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

What a cute treat/goodie box. Congrats! So glad to be a CWC Chef with you. Smooches... Felicia

Kemma said...

3d items are wonderful and you did a great job on this one!! I too am a new Design team member and I am looking forward to getting to know you better on the CWC DT!
-Kemma