This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Girly Birthday Card for My Niece

My niece is turning 7 today so I wanted to make her a girly card.  She asked for cash (through her mom) because she wants to buy herself a laptop so I thought this card was theme appropriate!  I have never (that I can remember but don't quote me on that) used bling on a page.  I have these adhesive rhinestones from Recollections which I love and enjoyed using them.  I made the purse able to hold the money because I thought that was cute.  I used two different embossing folders on the purse.  The purse and sentiment came from the Paisley Cricut cartridge and the laptop came from Locker Talk.  Luckily I had a cute little happy birthday stamp that fit the laptop screen perfectly (one of those cheapy $1 stamps from Michaels or AC Moore).  I printed the inside sentiment on my computer.  Now the question is how much money do you give a 7 year old?????  TFL! (BTW-no damage from the East Coast Earthquake thanks goodness!  The first thing I did when I got home was check my craft room, LOL).


No comments: