This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Shirts-Bleaching Technique!

Since I discovered the bleaching technique on pinterest a month ago I knew I wanted to do it for the girls for Valentine's Day.  I used the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge to cut the hearts (I used Cricut CraftRoom to layer the hearts to get the cut out/layers).  I then lightly taped them on the shirts and used my bleach pen to trace around them.  The lines are not perfect but I like that look :)


I also added a heart of bling using my iRock but some of those were easily pulled off by my daughter (I think my iRock needs new batteries and was not fully heating/melting the gems on).  I will fix it once I get more batteries :)

I ended up using the hearts that I had used as stencils in a card because I just loved the bleached edges :)  You can see that card post here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Born2Beach said...

So cool! I am sure the girls loved them.