This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CWC Weekly Challenge # 71-Kiddie Valentines-Must use pink, red and white

Hello and welcome to another weekly Cooking with Cricut challenge!  This week we were challenged to make a kiddie valentine using the colors pink, red and white.

I am (still) having trouble deciding on what Valentine's to do for the classmates of each of my 3 kids that are in school so I thought I would make a sample of this one to see if I really really really wanted to do it.  It was actually pretty easy.

Here it is:
First I had seen the idea of melting down crayons in a heart shaped silicone "pan" on several sites, including Pinterest my latest obsession, so I did that but I only used pink, red and white crayons :)  Then I cut the card from Spring Holiday Cards (had to cut several sizes to see how the hearts would fit on there) and finally settled on 5 inches for the card and then I cut the base at 5 inches also. I inked the edges with some pink ink, attached the heart crayons with some pop-up/foam adhesive and it was done!  Here is the card without the crayons so you can see how I matched up the heart crayons to the card:


Don't forget to stop by Cooking with Cricut to see what the other designers have come up with and to join us in this weeks challenge!

Thanks for stopping by, have a crafty day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Debbie, these are adorable! I like how you utilized a layered feature to place your hearts and give it some lace!! Surely the kids will love them! I, too, LOVE Pinterest!!

Hugs,
Michelle