This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers, grandmothers, step-mothers, aunts, sisters, Godmothers, etc. out there.  We had a very busy weekend this weekend.  On Saturday, my 7 year old made his First Holy Communion which was wonderful and exciting.  We had a small gathering at our house to celebrate after, here is a picture of his very simple little cake that I made (I bought the pan when my older son made his First Holy Communion 2 years ago).



On Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day (I still had to teach Sunday school of religion in the AM) at my sister in laws in the afternoon.  We also stopped by my mother in laws to wish her a Happy Mothers Day as well.  I made a card with a little gift card for my sister in law and then I made little card books for my mom and my mother in law with pictures I took of the kids the day before when they were all dressed nice (which is rare :)).  I thought they turned out cute.  I got the idea for the card front from http://thecroppingcanuck.blogspot.com/.  I used Walk in My Garden for the flowers and watering can.  I used binder rings to put the card together.  I had purchased them at Staples in the $1 sections months ago and thought they were perfect.  Here are some pictures of the cards and our afternoon :)  TFL.

 

 


 

Here is the cake I made for the afternoon

3 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Congratulations to your son on his First Holy Communion! You are smart to have bought that cake pan. I cannot believe I didn't think of that. Ugh. I just placed my order today for a simple cross cake for my daughter's First Communion and it is costing me $50. I could have saved so much money by baking it myself.

~ Sarah

The Cropping Canuck said...

What a handsome little man you have! Congratulations to him.

The cakes looked delicious.

I love the "I LOVE YOU" card. That was a great idea!

Ethan Freeman said...

First time reading this blog, thanks for sharing.