This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Cards

Last Saturday my super crafty friend Stephannie came over so we could be ahead of the game and get our Christmas cards done.  This is the first time I have had them done in November.  I knew a month or so ago I wanted to do a gingerbread man but was not sure exactly what I wanted it to look like...here is how it ended up:


















I went to Michael's Friday and they had ribbon 60% off plus I had an additional 25% coupon so I found two rolls of ribbon with gingerbread men on them and they ended up being 59cents!  I used Jolly Holidays to cut my gingerbread man and then I decided to use a cute Peachy Keen face on him and to give him a little scarf with some more ribbon I bought at Michaels (got it Saturday but still on sale and with the coupon but it was a little over $1 because it was more to start).  It looks like twine but has a wire in it so it worked perfect for the scarf!  I printed the sentiment on cardstock then just cut it out.  I found cute little button brads and used my white gel pen to add some details to the gingerbread man.  He is cute right? :)  Now the trick will be finishing them up by adding the family photo and getting them mailed in early December!  TFL.

1 comment:

Stephannie said...

Very cute. So nice to be ahead for once!