This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Monday, May 17, 2010

Green, Yellow and Brown???


So green, yellow and brown are not colors I would normally pick for a card...however Robyn from http://www.mypinkstamper.com/ was having a challenge and I needed a Thank You card for a Parent Party for my son's school that we went to over the weekend so I thought I would give it a try.  Here is the result:


I used Lyrical Letters for the Thank You and the dragon fly.  I used an embossing folder for the brown background.

2 comments:

Nancy Zunic said...

Debbie, your card is very cute. I just got a cuttlebug and really enjoy embossing! I am new at blogging. Come visit anytime. Check out my mini album that I made for one of my daughters. They grow up so fast! I enjoyed looking back on their baby pictures. I have 3 daughters and 1 son! My four were all under the age 7 so I know what you are going through! I give you credit for finding "me" time now. I am just finding mine! My son is the baby and he will be 21 yrs this Aug! Life will get more hectic as they get older but keep your interests alive! Now they are all my very best buddies! I will be a follower of your blog. :)

gr8mom52 said...

Your card is so beautiful and very elegant!
Zwin78, just left you a comment, on how kids "as they get older life will get more hectic". My mom has a saying that goes like this, little children little problems, big children big problems. I can attest to that. But I would not trade one day in raising them for any luxury of this world.

God has a sence of humor and at age 39 with 2 grown girls, I found myself pregnant. When I was 16 weeks along, we found out it was an ectopic pregnancy that almost cost me my life. After loosing that baby, I could only find consolation in knowing that the Lord had a plan. His plan was, that very close to me there was a mother that would give birth to a child around the time I would have had mine. For reasons only she and the Lord knows, she choose to give that child up...and that is how at the age of 40 I became a new mom, to the most precious son a mother could have. My son is in the 11th grade. He is kind, loving and just an all around great human being.

Why I have told you this story... I don't know...the Lord put it in my heart. Take from it what you need and maybe pass it on to someone that needs hope.
Seding you many blessings,
maritza