This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Friday, February 3, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Day!

Today is Teacher Appreciation Day at my boys school.  I just wanted to do something simple and seen the idea of using Extra gum a while back (probably on Pinterest, LOL).  I decided to make a little goodie bag with the gum in it and I wanted to make a cute apple topper.  

Here is what I came up with:



I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it on white card stock and then  used green card stock as a base for it.  I then just stuck it right on the pack of Extra gum :)  I welded two hearts from Doodlecharms (Cricut) in Cricut CraftRoom to make the bag toppers.




I welded two apples from Doodlecharms (Cricut) in Cricut CraftRoom to make the bag toppers.  


 I used Pink By Design Our Teachers stamp set for the sentiment (it is we appreciate you teacher) and I altered it by not inking the teacher and then used the Principal from the You put the PAL in Principal from that set.  I then used December stamp of the month set and die for the little tag and tag frame stamp.  I added a heart to the principal one but was unsure if I liked it so I did not add it to the others.



I also used Doodlecharms to cut the  leaf from that cartridge also.  I hand cut the stem.  I embossed them both using my Cuttlebug (for the first time), using dots for the leaf and wood grain for the stem.

I know it is just a pack of gum but I think it is the thought that counts (we also do a gift to each teacher from the entire class, so this is just a little "extra", HAHA).  I did one for each of the 4 teachers my boys have and for the principal and school secretary.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a crafty day!

PS:  Since I used my Pink By Design stamps (again :)) I am linking this up over at http://www.pinkcricut.com/ to the 1/31/12 Link Up party!  You should stop by and take a look!

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

These appreciation creations are gorgeous and I am sure the recipients loved receiving them.
Hugs
Desire

M said...

These are very cute! As a teacher, I know I would appreciate them, and I'm sure your children's teachers appreciate it too! I'm a new follower, and I would love for you to come follow my blog too!

Melissa
myscraphour.blogspot.com

Pink Cricut said...

Wow these are so cute Debbie!! I am sure the teacher and principal LOVED them! I think since conferences are next week, I will do something like this too!

JustYolie said...

These are so cute! Thanks for stopping my blog today! :)